Al-Anon is for people whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking.
The following twenty questions are to help you decide
whether of not Al-Anon is for you.
- Do you worry about how much someone drinks?
- Do you have money problems because of someone else's drinking?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else's drinking?
- Do you feel that if the drinker cared about you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
- Do you blame the drinker's behavior on his or her companions?
- Are plans frequently upset or cancelled or meals delayed because of the drinker?
- Do you make threats, such as, "If you don't stop drinking, I'll leave you"?
- Do you secretly try to smell the drinker's breath?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
- Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker's behavior?
- Are holidays and gatherings spoiled because of drinking?
- Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
- Do you search for hidden alcohol?
- Do you ever ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking?
- Have you refused social invitations out of fear or anxiety?
- Do you feel like a failure because you can't control the drinking?
- Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
- Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
- Do you feel angry, confused, or depressed most of the time?
- Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?